Kenyans can now smile as the long awaited e-passport processing is now available at the Kenyan Embassy in Washington DC.
You are strongly advised to follow all instructions given and after you are ready to proceed to DC, make sure you have all the documents requested or else, you will just waste money as you will be advised to go back for them.
Those with valid regular passports showing expiration beyond 2020, should also get new ones as all will be invalid after the extended deadline
HERE ARE USEFUL TIPS TO BE FOLLOWED WITHOUT OMMISSION
You can apply for a new passport or replace your current passport through the ecitizen portal <www.ecitizen.go.ke>. You’ll have to download and print out a form at the end. You must sign and date the form, add the documents and photographs that are required (see below) and submit them in person at the Embassy for biometric capture.
You’ll pay using mobile money, Credit, Debit Cards or online banking.
FOLLOW ALL STEPS
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the Embassy located at 2249 R Street NW, WASHINGTON DC 20008
Kenya Embassy Passports Application
PRESENT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS WITHOUT OMMISION OR YOU WILL NOT BE PROCESSED
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy (First time applications – Never held a Kenyan Passport)
- 2nd Generation Original Kenya National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photographs.
- 2nd Generation Recommender’s ID card copy.
- Consent letter for minors – UNDER 18
- Original current passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards copy (First time applications – Never held a Kenyan Passport)
We do hope that the Government is also considering taking services closer to the people but in the meantime take the opportunity to keep your documents current.
Kenyan Parents in USA