*It’s exactly 6 years since Muammar Gadaffi was killed*
“`”I will not go into exile to any foreign country. I was born here in Libya, and I will die here. This country was a dessert, and I turned it into a forest, where everything can grow. No one loves this land more than its citizens. If Europe and America tell you that they love you, be careful. They love the wealth of your land. The oil and not the people. They are helping you to fight against me but, it will be more wise for you to fight against them because they are fighting against your future and progress.
My message to you the people of Libya is, they are helping you to kill me but you will pay the price because you will suffer. And my message to you America and Europe is, you will kill me, but be ready to fight a never ending TERRORISM.
Before you realize your ignorance, terrorists will be hitting you at your doorstep.”
GADDAFI once told the Nigerian and British governments to divide Nigeria into two, so that the Hausa/Fulani (Moslems), Yoruba (Christians) and Biafrans/Igbo, can live as neighbouring countries. Since independence Nigeria has been ruled by fewer Christians than Muslims.
It’s good we look at these 16 REAL REASONS WHY COL. GADDAFI WAS KILLED:
*During Gaddafi’s time*
1. There was no electricity bill in Libya, electricity was free for all its citizens.
2. There was no interest on loans, banks in Libya were state-owned and loans given to all its citizens were at a 0% interest by law.
3. Home was considered a human right in Libya. Gaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home, and he did it
4. All newlyweds in Libya received $60,000 Dinars (US$50,000) from the government to buy their first apartment.
5. Education and medical treatment were free in Libya. Before Gaddafi, only 25% of Libyans were literates. At his death, the figure stood at 83%. Right now it’s below 15% as young people train for war
6. Libyans taking up farming as a career received farm land, a farming house, equipment, seeds and livestock to kick- start their farms – all for free.
7. If Libyans could not find the education or medical facilities they needed in Libya, the government funded them to go abroad for it.
8. In Gaddafi’s Libya, if a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidized 50% of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya was $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya had no external debt and its reserves amounted to $150 billion –.
11. If a Libyan was unable to get employment after graduation, the state would pay the average salary of the profession as if he or she was employed until employment was found.
12. A portion of Libyan oil sale was credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gave birth to a child under Gaddafi, received US $5,000 as child benefit upfront.
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya was sold at $0.15
15. 25% of Libyans had a university degree.
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Man-Made River Project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
If this was called “Dictatorship”, I wonder what type of Leadership Democrats have!!
Share this to remember Gaddafi“`